Pennsauken NJ – Following a number of adult retail store shutdowns across the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Williams Trading Co offers retailers some helpful guidelines for reopening their business as restrictions begin to lift. Along with a checklist from the National Federation of Retailers, Williams Trading also is offering a quick list of helpful procedures, links, and a quick industry-related course on Williams Trading University that pinpoints helpful tips for adult retailers in keeping their stores, employees, and consumers safe.
“As retailers begin to slowly open, the NRF has developed operational guidance and considerations for opening stores developed by leaders convened by the NRF. Williams Trading has also supplemented these guidelines with specific operating suggestions specific to the adult industry retail sector. Additionally, we are providing a Williams Trading University course called COVID-19: A Retailers guide, which is available for all retailers,” says Scott D, Director of Marketing and Sales at Williams Trading Co.
General Store Opening Guidelines National Retail Federation
- Deep Cleaning Procedures (CDC protocol)
- Training employees and preparing a COVID 19 protocol plan
- Operation Door Checklist from the National Retail Federation – This checklist represents guidance from members and subject matter experts, and is intended to highlight key topics to consider as retailers seek to re-open operations. Your individual facts and circumstances will be unique, and we encourage you to work with your preferred legal and financial advisors to adapt this guidance to your specific situation.
- Review the Coronavirus Retail Restrictions by State – this state-by-state map outlines coronavirus-related laws, executive orders, regulations and guidance governing store reopening for retailers
- Have employees take the WTU University COVID 19 course – Unlike other WTU courses, this is not a training course. Instead, COVID-19: A Retailer’s Guide is meant to help store owners and employees keep their stores up and running during this time, with helpful store cleaning tips, CDC reference sheets and signage that can be printed out and used as reminders.
Adult Store Recommendations
- Replacement of testers section
- Install barriers at registers
- Social distancing for employees
- Adjust store hours of operation, as necessary, to support social distancing efforts by limiting store traffic.
- Ensure staff has sufficient time to rest, sanitize and restock inventory.
- Consider offering seniors and other high-risk individuals exclusive early hours.
- Consider increasing pickup hours to serve more online customers.
- Offer masks for all consumers shopping
- Consider suspending or modifying return and exchange policies
The subject matter contained within this course has been prepared using resources found on the NRF (National Retail Federation) CDC and the EPA’s websites. All of the material, including images and reference sheets, are for informational purposes only. All content herein is provided on an “as-is” basis. Williams Trading Co nor its affiliates or assigns assumes no liability and no warranties are implied.
For ordering and product information, call a Williams Trading Co. Sales Representative at 800-423-8587 or visit www.williamstradingco.com For drop shipment and e-commerce support please visit https://dropship.williamstradingco.com/
Williams Trading Co. is a full line Adult Wholesale Distributor with over 40 years of excellence in the industry, carrying over 20,000 different items, with new products added weekly. Check out www.williamstradingco.com for its simple and effective online ordering system, backed by a knowledgeable sales staff. Over the years the company has expanded to offer direct drop-shipping services for online retailers, with the launch of https://dropship.williamstradingco.com/.
Williams Trading Co. leads as the first adult distributor offering free e-learning for all new and existing customers. Williams Trading University is a free e-learning program available exclusively to existing and new Williams Trading Co. accounts. Since its inception, there have been over 105,000 e-learning course completions and the number is still growing. Online courses are available 24 hours/7 days per week at www.wtulearn.com.